No audio yet
1. There is discussion today of putting a group of people on Mars – a group that will never return to Earth. Why might someone choose to go on this journey? Why might someone want to depart this world (ie. die)?
2. Read Luke 2:22-35.
3. What do verses 22-24 teach you about Mary and Joseph?
4. Why can Simeon depart in peace?
5. Has God ever given you a promise that you have waited for and seen fulfilled? Describe this.
6. In your experience, what does waiting on God look like (ie. What does someone do while they wait on God? What does someone feel as they wait on God? Etc.)?
7. Pastor Bill said that when we wait for God, we become much less demanding of people. Do you agree? Why or why not? What are the benefits of being less demanding on people?
8. Read Psalm 37 out loud. What stands out to you from this passage? What do you need to apply from this Psalm?
9. End your time together by having each person share:
i. What you must do in response to Sunday’s sermon.
ii. Encouraging words for another member of your group – how they have blessed you or others over the past couple of weeks.
iii. One area of struggle in their Christian walk.
iv. One person that they would like to see come to faith/return to God.
Pray for one another in light of these three items and any other concerns your group members might have.