1. How do you discern whether a person or business is trustworthy or not?
2. Read 1 John 4:1-6.
3. Do you acknowledge the existence of spirits? In your experience, do most Torontonians believe in spirits or not? Why do some people believe in them while others do not? What are some of the things that spirits do? What are some things that the Spirit of God does? What are spiritual gifts? Look through 1 Corinthians 12 as you answer this.
4. C. S. Lewis writes: “There are two equal and opposite errors into which our race can fall about the devils. One is to disbelieve in their existence. The other is to believe, and to feel an excessive and unhealthy interest in them. They themselves are equally pleased by both errors and hail a materialist or a magician with the same delight.” What does he mean by this? Do you agree with him?
5. How can we test spirits? Look at Matthew 7:15-23, 2 Peter 2, 1 Corinthians 12:3 and 1 John 4:1-6. When might you need to test a spirit?
6. Can you think of any lies that our culture is being led to believe? What should the church’s response to these lies be?
7. As you close, pray for wisdom for each member of the group.