1. Do you have any talents which you showed a lot of promise in, but have plateaued in as of late? Why would you say you showed much talent in this ability? Why have you since plateaued?What is needed to thrive in a particular skill? Is it fair/wise to compare a talent/skill to yourspiritual walk? Why or why not?
2. Imagine a wonderfully equipped playground full of kids playing. One is going down the slide, another digging in the sandbox, one climbing a tree, in the wading pool, on a swing, etc. How would you describe your current spiritual life by comparing it to a child in a playground? Why did you choose this image?
3. Read Matthew 17:1-20.
4. Have you ever had a significant mountaintop experience with God? Describe it to the group.What happened? What was the result of it (how did it impact you?)? What led you to thismountaintop? What can keep someone from finding themselves on the mountaintop?
5. Why might God want to reveal Himself in deeper ways to His people? How does someone become a person who longs for more of God?
6. What do you need to do as a result of this small group?